Monday, July 7, 2014 - Monday, July 14, 2014
The Community of Writers holds its summer writing workshops in Squaw Valley in the ski lodge at the foot of the ski slopes. Panels, talks, staff readings and workshops take place in these venues with the spectacular view up the mountain.
Tuition is $995, which includes six evening meals; a limited amount of financial aid is available.
These workshops assist serious writers by exploring the art and craft as well as the business of writing. The week offers daily morning workshops, craft lectures, panel discussions on editing and publishing, staff readings, and brief individual conferences. The morning workshops are led by staff writer-teachers, editors, or agents. There are separate morning workshops for Fiction and Narrative Nonfiction/Memoir. In addition to their workshop manuscript, participants may have a second manuscript read by a staff member who meets with them in an individual conference.
Admissions are based on submitted manuscripts.
Nonfiction or memoir submissions should be in a narrative form; travel, self-help, how-to, and scholarly works will not be considered.
Nonfiction applicants should refer to our website for more information:
• Participants’ manuscripts are critiqued in daily morning workshops
• Afternoon & evening craft talks, panels on craft, staff readings
• panel discussions on editing & publishing
• Individual one-on-one conferences
• Finding the Story Workshop lead by Gill Dennis
• Open Workshop lead by Sands Hall
• Admissions are based on the merit of submitted manuscripts alone
• Financial Aid Available
• 124 writers attend
Brett Hall Jones, Executive Director