Friday, July 25, 2014
By Check: Make a check payable to “Donghwa Cultural Foundation”
We also welcome online payments to firstname.lastname@example.org when paid via PayPal.
Grand Prize: $1,000 Cash Award or Round Trip to Korea
Gold, Silver, Bronze Prizes awarded to winning entrants in each division (High School, College). Cash prizes are included with each prize accordingly.
Special Awards: Consulate General of Korea in New York, Korean Cultural Service New York, The Korea Daily New York
We are pleased to announce the 2014 Donghwa: East Meets West International Essay Competition.
Since 2004, Dongwha Cultural Foundation has been promoting East Asian culture, philosophy, and art through our educational programs. Through this annual international essay competition, Donghwa hopes to provide an intellectual and creative forum that empowers young voices and broadens the dialogue on cultural awareness and exchange.
We invite you to participate in this essay competition and help create a space for the cultural harmony we hope to spread. You can find the necessary application materials at our website: eastmeetswestdonghwa.wordpress.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
1. High School Division: 9-12th grade
2. College Division: College Undergraduate
1. All high school and college undergraduate students are eligible.
2. Award recipients will be requested to submit proof of their school enrollment.
1. All entries must be original works written in English, typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font with a one-inch margin on all page sides.
2. Essays must be no fewer than 500 and no more than 1,000 words in length.
3. Include a cover page with your name and the essay topic(s) you choose. To ensure anonymity, please only write your name on the cover page.
If you have any questions, please free to contact us via email@example.com or 201-871-3033.