Ask your character the 10 Bernard Pivot questions that James Lipton asks his guests on Inside the Actors Studio. For fun, ask yourself, too!
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Heather Wright's work has been published in local and national
publications and on the Web. Her column “Write Angles,” published in What If? Canada’s Creative Magazine for Teens, became the basis of her book, Writing Fiction: A Hands-On Guide for Teens.
If you'd like to share your writing, you may post in the Comments section below. Please keep posts to no more than 500 words.