We’re on the hunt for the best short fiction.
Submit your best fictional work in 2,000 words or less to our annual fall short story contest and you could win $1,000 and publication in our magazine! Any genre is fair game as long as it’s a work of fiction – no essays, memoir chapters, or poetry, please.
You can also read these past short story winners to see examples of fiction that’s wowed us in the past:
- “Gazelle” by Shannon Skaff
- “Doors” by Claire Mulligan
- “Hunger” by Leila Springer
- “The Dance” by Kate MacNamara
- “Pieces of Echo” by Brent van Staalduinen
- “The House They Built” by Signe Bergstrom
- “Leviathan” by Jim Lewis
Don’t wait too long to submit, however: The deadline for this contest is December 2nd.