The nearer we get to Halloween, the scarier The Writer becomes. Here’s a list of our favorite spooktacular content from the archives.
- Soak in this thrilling writing advice from Bates Motel showrunner Carlton Cuse
- Stay up late with Glen Duncan, who pens vampire and werewolf stories
- John Katzenbach on writing suspense: Who do you kill? Where do you put the bodies?
- Learn the behind-the-scenes secrets of Violet Kupersmith’s ghostly prose
Scary-good tips for writers
- 8 mystery and thriller authors share tips on how to build suspense in fiction
- Love horror? You need to attend StokerCon, a writing conference for horror writers, immediately.
- Learn how to submit your most thrilling and chilling stories to Suspense magazine.
- Read what editors of the prestigious horror magazine Cemetery Dance are looking for.
- Sneak a peek at these spooky gifts for writers.
Don’t read these scary books after dark:
- 5 horror novels by women to read right now
- 5 classically chilling books to read in October
- The most exciting fall 2018 books for genre lovers
Electrifying writing prompts
Give your writing a jolt with these top 10 Halloween-inspired writing prompts.
Homage to Edgar Allan Poe
Calling all Edgar Allan Poe fans: You’ll definitely want to peruse these Poe-inspired products and read this craft advice from the master of the macabre.