Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Friday, June 22, 2018
Hyatt Santa Barbara
For reservations call (888) 421–1442, to book online
The conference is held at the beautiful Hyatt Santa Barbara that looks out onto a stunning oceanfront. The hotel offers:
beautiful ocean and mountain views
luxurious air conditioned rooms with refrigerators, microwaves, and in-room coffee makers
wifi and data ports for online access
heated outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
restaurant and bar
Across the street is the Pacific Ocean and the 22-mile Cabrillo Beach walkway for runners, walkers and cyclists. Downtown Santa Barbara is within walking distance, as are Stearns Wharf and the Harbor, for more shops and restaurants.
A 20% discount will be offered for lunch and dinner in the restaurant for SBWC attendees (not valid for breakfast or room service).
A number of other hotels and motels along Cabrillo Boulevard are just a short electric shuttle ride away.
$650 for the week
Since 1972 writers from around the world have gathered each June at the Santa Barbara Writers Conference to rub elbows with fellow storytellers, celebrate well-known authors, and network with publishing professionals.
“You can’t imagine what this conference meant to me. If it had not been for this conference, I’d probably still be sitting on a rerun of The Dating Game somewhere.”
– Fannie Flagg, author of Fried Green Tomatoes
Join us beachside for an intensive, weeklong experience dedicated to the craft of writing. Workshops cover literary fiction, mystery, sci-fi, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel writing, poetry, screenwriting, and marketing.
The June 17-22, 2018 conference includes:
• 5 full days of workshops led by 36 talented teachers
• 5 keynote presentations by successful authors
• Afternoon speakers and panel discussions
• Book signings with author-speakers
• Opening Night Banquet
• Poolside Cocktail Reception
• Awards Banquet
• Optional one-on-one manuscript consultations
• Registration for appointments with agents
• A week of networking, support and camaraderie
• SBWC likes to brag about our successful alumni – Fannie Flagg, Spencer Johnson, Gayle Lynds, Monte Schulz, Gillian Roberts, Catherine Ryan Hyde, and Christopher Moore, to name just a few.
Grab your notebooks and fire up your imagination. Please join us for our 46th anniversary conference and become part of this literary legacy
Grace Rachow, Director
Santa Barbara Writers Conference
27 West Anapamu Street, Suite 305
Santa Barbara • CA • 93101
805-568-1516 • [email protected].com