Sunday, June 16, 2013 - Friday, June 21, 2013
Stout's Island Lodge
2799 27th Street
Birchwood, WI 54817
$1495 per person, double occupancy
$1695 per person, single occupancy
• Lodging at Stout’s Island Lodge (5 nights)
• Breakfast and lunch (5 days)
• One celebratory group dinner (Thursday)
• 2 writing workshops per day
• 2 yoga & meditation sessions per day
• Nightly bonfires
Breathe ~ Create ~ Transform
Elephant Rock Summer Solstice Retreat for Writing and Yoga
June 16 – June 21, 2013
Beautiful and Secluded Stout’s Island Lodge, Wisconsin
Be ignited by summer’s fiery muse. Be challenged and inspired … and laugh – a lot! – while becoming a fertile ground for creativity as you tap into the energy of the summer solstice.
Writing workshops guided by Jeannine Ouellette
Yoga and meditation guided by Maria Toso
ALL are welcome, regardless of previous experience with writing or yoga!Elephant Rock Retreats for Writing and Yoga are transformative, designed specifically to help you leap over that edge of doubt, where new things come from. The retreats combine two powerful heart-opening activities in innovative ways and in beautiful, inspiring natural settings. Whether you are striving to finish a manuscript, deepen your yoga and meditative practice, overcome writer’s block, or feed your starving inner artist, Elephant Rock retreats are for you. Beginners will find a safe haven in which to experiment, and advanced devotees of either or both art forms will discover a refreshingly challenging environment in which to push through blocks and reach new levels of insight.
“SIGN ME UP!”
Brilliant, non-linear, inspiring: Jeannine Ouellette is a masterful teacher and her workshop was the most fun and creatively liberating writing class I’ve ever experienced. And who could pass up writing and yoga in a beautiful, secluded setting. Sign me up!
–Eric Utne, publisher, educator, author, and social entrepreneur; founder of Utne Reader and founding publisher and editor of the New Age Journal, past workshop participant
• Morning and afternoon writing exercises are designed to free up your thinking about words and to loosen the binds on your creative process in totally unexpected ways. Your inner critic will disappear as you surrender to your innate ability to imagine the unknown. Laughter and tears may flow in equal abundance!
• For writers with specific intentions and projects, special sessions will be available for work shopping and goal setting.
• We will also explore a daily writing exercise for release, with a culminating celebration at the fire on Summer Solstice Eve. Get ready to transform!
• Morning and afternoon yoga and meditation support this creative process. As you connect your body, mind, and senses through movement and stillness, you release tension and cultivate insight and balance.
Register Now! Email [email protected] for complete registration forms.
Questions? Please Ask!
Email [email protected]
Also, come on over and like us on Facebook to get realtime updates on the retreat and all matters writing and yoga.