Sunday, December 22, 2013
Children’s, Drama, Fiction, General, Horror, Journalism, Mystery, Nonfiction, Personal Journals, Plays, Poetry, Romance, Science Fiction, Screenwriting, Young Adult
1. The Grand Prize Winner receives a $500 Amazon gift card.
2. Four first-prize winners receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
3. 100 honorable mentions will receive a free digital copy of 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts, Volume 2 (Retail value: $2.99)
How to Enter:
1. Pick a prompt from one of the 10 available pages.
2. Write your story and make sure it’s between 500 and 1,500 words.
3. Prepare your story as a post on your own blog or website. Include a link at the end of your post to the prompt you used and a link back to this contest.
4. After you post your entry, send an e-mail to [email protected] with the link to your post.
Make sure your entry is posted to your blog by December 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM CST
What Are We Looking For?: We are seeking the start of a larger story without a pre-defined theme. All styles are welcome. We encourage stories that are emotionally engaging and well written. The winning stories will be chosen by a panel selected by Build Creative Writing Ideas.
1. Open to U.S. and U.K. residents only.
2. Up to 3 entries may be submitted per individual.
3. Entries must be posted on a website and link to the prompts page and this contest page. The full set of official rules and disclaimers can be found here on the official rules page.
The winners will be selected and notified directly by January 12, 2014.
After you post your entry, send an e-mail to [email protected] with the link to your post. The contest is hosted by Build Creative Writing Ideas, at http://www.build-creative-writing-ideas.com. Contact Bryan Cohen with any questions.