Thursday, April 30, 2015
$200 plus publication in Spring '15 issue for one winner. One runner-up will also be awarded publication and payment at our usual rates. Finalists listed on the website.
A sad fact of publishing is that the launch of every new print cycle sends scores of outstanding writing from yesteryear to the literary wayside. That’s why this spring, Sequestrum is digging through the swamps and bogs of old niche, literary-heavyweight, and (worst of all) defunct markets to present the world two works hungry for the eyes and ears and minds of a second audience.
– Open to reprints of fiction and nonfiction in any original format (electronic or print).
– One $200 prize plus publication.
– One runner-up prize including publication and payment (just above our usual rates). Finalists listed on the site.
– Close date of April 30th. (See site for details)
– Online submissions only.
– Include the name and email address of the original publisher in your cover letter.
– Length and subject are open.
– Manuscripts reviewed on a rolling-basis.
– Multiple submissions allowed.
– No identifying information should be on your manuscript.