Thursday, September 15, 2016
$5 per entry
First, second and third place winners and seven additional Judge's Choice stories will receive publication in our fourth annual anthology, and for the first time ever, we are awarding fantastic eMedals to post on your site or blog. You'll love them! Make them any size you want.
First place: Professionally designed Gold eMedal and $100
Second place: Stylish Silver eMedal and $50
Third place: Brilliant Bronze eMedal and $25
Fourth and Fifth place: Finalist eMedal
This is a themed contest and this exact sentence must appear in the story:
“Explain how that happened!”
• Open genre
• Your story must be between 1,500 and 2,000 words.
• No swearing, profanity, explicit sexual scenes, graphic violence, etc.
• Your story must not have been published before. By entering this contest, winners grant minor editing rights for publication; Creative Writing Institute has first, non-exclusive, electronic rights to publish the winners and Judge’s Choice stories in our anthology. All Rights return to the author upon publication.
• ONE submission per person, please
• Accepting submissions from July 15, 2016 until September 15, 2016, midnight, USA Eastern Standard Time.
• Entries will only be accepted through the form at https://CreativeWritingInstitute.submittable.com/submit
• As you go through the submission process, there will be a space for you to copy and paste your document. Do NOT email attachments as these will not be accepted.
Please direct questions to Ms. Jo Popek, head judge, at [email protected]