Wednesday, September 30, 2015
By Check: Make a check payable to “Donghwa Cultural Foundation”
We also welcome online payments to [email protected] when paid via PayPal.
Grand Prize: $1,000 Cash Award
Gold, Silver, Bronze Prizes awarded to winning entrants in each division (High School, College). Cash prizes are included with each prize accordingly.
Special Awards: Consulate General of Korea in New York, Korean Cultural Service New York, The Korea Daily New York
We are pleased to announce the 2015 Donghwa East Meets West International Essay Competition.
The East Meets West International Essay Competition is organized every year by the Donghwa Cultural Foundation. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes East Asian culture, philosophy and art through our programs and events. Through this competition, we seek to provide an intellectual and creative forum that empowers young voices and broadens the dialogue on cultural awareness and exchange.
We invite you to participate in this essay competition and help create a space for the cultural harmony we hope to spread. For more information on the competition, and to read the winning entries from our previous competitions, visit our blog at eastmeetswestdonghwa.wordpress.com.
1. High School Division: 9-12th grade
2. College Division: College undergraduate
1. All high school and college undergraduate students are eligible.
2. Award recipients will be requested to submit proof of their school enrollment.
1. All entries must be original works written in English, typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font with a one-inch margin on all page sides.
2. Essays must be no fewer than 500 and no more than 1,000 words in length.
3. Include a cover page with your name and the essay topic(s) you choose. To ensure anonymity, please only write your name on the cover page.
If you have any questions, please free to contact us via [email protected] or 201-871-3033.