Thursday, June 1, 2017
$10.00 per poem, no more than 5 poems submitted.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes with complimentary copies of poetry chapbook.
“Flecks of Red” Chapbook Anthology Contest Submission Guidelines, Nautical Life Press
1. Interested participants may submit up to 5 poems for consideration. All submissions will be considered in poetry contest but not all submissions will be accepted for publication in the chapbook anthology.
2. Each poem should be no longer than one page, single space. There is no minimum length.
3. Each poem should include the name, address and email of the author. (Please use the same email to send submissions as you do to send submission fee via Paypal.)
4. Each submission for chapbook consideration must include the $10.00 submission fee payable to Nautical Life Press via Paypal using [email protected]. (Once you have sent your submission fee you may then submit your poem(s) via email.
5. Each poem included in “Flecks of Red” will include a short author bio and contact information, as desired.
6. Authors included in “Flecks of Red” will be given two complimentary copies of the anthology chapbook. Authors will be able to purchase additional copies at a discounted rate.
7. Submissions for “Flecks of Red” poetry anthology should either be written by someone diagnosed with mental illness or by someone who has be affected by the mental illness of someone else, specifically but not limited to Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depressive), Depression, Schizophrenia or other similar struggles.
8. Cash prizes will be awarded to three writers and each winning poem will be recognized as such within the chapbook anthology.
9. A portion of funds raised from sale of “Flecks of Red” will benefit the Portland Depression Bipolar Support Alliance as well as other upcoming poetry chapbooks on similar topics from Nautical Life Press.