Monday, January 11, 2021
No entry fees.
- *1st Place:* $100 and Publication
- *2nd Place:* $50 and Publication
- *3rd Place:* $25 and Publication
- *Honorable Mentions:* Publication in our first or second issue.
“In the Mood for Love” is an online anthology focused on fresh, short works that appeal across all walks of life. For our first issue, we’re seeking works that defy tropes and convey the unexpected — but we appreciate a simple, old-fashioned love story as much as anyone else. We seek love stories odd and ordinary, light and heavy, real and fictional.
**What are the contest rules?**
– Must be English language and a completely original work — can not have been published anywhere else online or in print. Plagiarism or stories that rely heavily on characters or settings from another work (e.g. fanfiction) will be disqualified.
– Maximum 1000 words.
– Written submissions can be nonfiction, creative nonfiction, or fiction. **Please note that we will not consider gore or NSFW submissions.**
– If you are chosen for publication, we reserve the exclusive rights to publish your piece. **If you submit your piece elsewhere and it is accepted for publication, please inform us so that we can withdraw your piece from consideration.**
– You may submit only one piece for consideration.
– **We will not accept submissions after January 11th, 2021.**
– Winners will be announced in mid to late February 2021.
We are only accepting email submissions at this time to **love[email protected]**. Please follow these guidelines:
- Use the subject line "SUBMISSION (FIRST NAME LAST NAME)".
- Make sure the body of your email includes the title of your piece.
- Copy and paste your submission as text into the body of the email.
- To prevent the possibility of transmitting malware, **DO NOT send your submission as an attachment (no PDF, .docx, txt).**
- Please describe the genre (nonfiction, creative nonfiction, or fiction) and any trigger warnings that you may feel are appropriate.