Sunday, March 1, 2020
$10 (NCWN member)
$200 and publication in storySouth.
All finalists considered for publication.
* The competition is open to any writer who is a legal resident of North Carolina or a member of the North Carolina Writers’ Network.
* The postmark deadline is March 1
* Entries can be submitted one of two ways:
* Send one printed copy through the U.S. Postal Service (see guidelines and address below), along with a check for the appropriate fee, made payable to the North Carolina Writers’ Network.
* Submit an electronic copy online at http://ncwriters.submittable.com, and pay by VISA or MasterCard.
* Simultaneous submissions ok, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
* Poem will not be returned. If submitting by mail, include a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winner and finalists. The winner and finalists will be announced in May.
* An entry fee must accompany the poem. Multiple submissions are accepted, one poem per entry fee: $10 for NCWN members, $15 for nonmembers.
* You may pay member entry fee if you join the NCWN with your submission. Checks should be made payable to the North Carolina Writers’ Network.
* Submissions should be one poem only (40-line limit), original, and previously unpublished*.
* Poem must be typed (single-spaced) and stapled in the left-hand corner.
* Author’s name should not appear on manuscripts. Instead, include a separate cover sheet with name, address, phone number, e-mail address, word count, and manuscript title. (If submitting online, do not include a cover sheet with your document; Submittable will collect and record your name and contact information.)
* When you submit online at https://ncwriters.submittable.com/submit, Submittable will collect your entry fee via credit card ($15 NCWN members / $25 non-members). (If submitting online, do not include a cover sheet with your document; Submittable will collect and record your name and contact information.)
Terry L. Kennedy
MFA Writing Program
3302 MHRA Building
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170