Monday, June 1, 2015
$1,500 and publication.
• All entries will be considered for publication. All entries will be considered anonymously.
• Send no more than one story per entry. Each story must not exceed 30 double-spaced pages in 12 point font. Multiple entries are acceptable, provided that a separate reading fee is included with each entry.
• Please submit two separate cover sheets with each entry, one with the title of the story ONLY, and the other with the title of the story and your name, address, phone number, and email. Your name should NOT appear anywhere on the story itself.
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but the contest fee is non-refundable if the submission is withdrawn. Please notify the editors as soon as possible if a submitted story is accepted elsewhere.
• Previously published works and works accepted for publication elsewhere cannot be considered.Salamander’s definition of publishing includes electronic publication.
• No handwritten, faxed, emailed or poorly copied/printed manuscripts will be considered.
• Salamander will not consider work from anyone currently or recently (within the past 4 years) affiliated with Suffolk University or the prize judge.
• If you wish to be notified of the arrival of your manuscript, please enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard. Manuscripts cannot be returned. Contest results will be posted on www.salamandermag.org by August 1st.
• Contest reading fee includes a one-year subscription. Checks should be made out to Salamander. We will send your subscription to the address on your cover sheet unless instructed otherwise. Overseas addresses, please add $10 for subscription postage ($5 for addresses in Canada). Please note that we cannot accept money orders or checks from foreign banks.
Andre Dubus III, author of six books, has been the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, The National Magazine Award for Fiction, and a 2012 Academy of Arts and Letters Award in Literature. His novel House of Sand and Fog was a National Book Award finalist, a #1 New York Times Bestseller, and an Academy Award-nominated film. His book Dirty Love, published in 2013, was a New York Times “Notable Book” and a New York Times “Editors’ Choice” selection. His novel The Garden of Last Days is soon to be a major motion picture.SUBMIT ENTRIES ONLINE OR BY MAIL FROM MAY 1st THROUGH JUNE 1st to:
2015 Fiction Prize Salamander/Suffolk University English Dept.
8 Ashburton Place Boston, MA 02108