Monday, February 16, 2015
A batch of fair-trade organic products worth about 100 EUR.
The winning stories will be published on the website of Aid Volunteers (http://aidvolunteers.org/), in the newsletter of Alianza por la Solidaridad and in the websites of the NGO’s and partners involved in the project.
While it is true that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, words are needed to explain the reality that hides behind a shocking picture.
After passing through Colombia, Haiti, Lebanon, Nicaragua and Palestine, a team of volunteers who participated in the 2014 edition of EU Aid Volunteers have photographed their experiences and the context in which they have been living.
We selected a picture of each of these countries. Choose one, the one that motivates you or inspires you, and tell us the story that can lay behind that instant picture. Follow the instructions contained in the bases to send us the story.
We wish to receive many stories to help us believe that “we can change our reality,” as Eduardo Galeano says!
5 selected images: http://www.aidvolunteers.org/short-story-competition-picsvolunteers/
1. The short stories should be no longer than 600 words.
2. The minimum age for participation is 18 years. The volunteers of EU Aid Volunteers program and staff working in the three organizations cannot take part to the contest. (sorry!)
3. The stories (.doc or .pdf format) should be sent to the address [email protected] indicating in the subject: SHORT STORY COMPETITION, including your name and surname in the text.
4. The deadline for submission of the reports will be Thursday, February 16 at midnight. Any story sent late or that does not comply with the conditions and terms stated will be automatically rejected.
5. Languages: stories can be sent in English, Spanish, Italian and German.
EU Aid Volunteers project
Alianza por la Solidaridad (Spanish NGO-http://www.alianzaporlasolidaridad.org/), Awo International (Deutsch NGO-https://www.awointernational.de/), GVC(Italian NGO-http://www.gvc-italia.org/)