Sunday, August 6, 2017
The jury and the crowd prize winners will receive a giftcard for any Masterclass course of their choice (with the writing course taught by James Patterson!)
Are you capable of saying a lot in a little? Welcome to the Sweek MicroFiction Challenge! Write a short story of 200 words max, incorporating the word ‘coffee’ and win any course you’d like from Masterclass as well as get published in the Sweek Microfiction book!
In each round, you need to incorporate a given word in an original and creative way. The word of this first round is COFFEE. Coffee is one of the main sources of inspiration for many writers. Do you have what it takes to write compelling flashfiction? Join now!
How to participate:
Step 1: Download the Sweek app or use our website:
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
Step 2: Create an account or log in
Step 3: Upload your story by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’
Step 4: Publish your story with the tag #MicroCoffee either in the title, description or tags section (which is a part of Story Details) and description.
That’s it! Don’t forget to share with your friends and family to get more readers!
Submission open: 20th of July – 6th of August
Winner announcement: 10th of August
Best Microfiction: Masterclass giftcard for the class of your choice (We can definitely recommend checking out their writing courses, one of them is given by James Patterson!)
Most Popular Microfiction: Masterclass giftcard for the class of your choice
Top 10 best stories (shortlist): Digital certificate
– The story must be tagged with #MicroCoffee in order to join the contest. Word limit: maximum 200 words
– The story doesn’t have to be exclusive but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek
– The story must be written in English
– The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 06/08/2017, 23:59 CET
– You can participate with multiple entries
– The story can be any genre, as long as the word coffee appears in the story. It can be a combination of e.g. young adult, romance, fantasy, science fiction and crime
– Most Popular Story is determined by the number of followers (all the allowed languages are participating). The deadline for the followers count is 06/08/17, 23:59 CET.
– By entering in this competition, you give Sweek the right to publish your story in a self-published book. In case the author does not agree, he/she must state in the short description that Sweek cannot publish the story in print
For any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!