Thursday, November 30, 2017
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($600 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
Finalists will receive a panel pass.
– This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
– Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
– Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
– Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
– A submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 7,000 words.
– The author’s name should not appear on the manuscript.
– Submissions must be typed; pages must be numbered and double-spaced.
– Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
– Simultaneous submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your story is accepted elsewhere.
– Unlimited entries per person. Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
– Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please use manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.