Thursday, June 30, 2022
The prize awards a limited edition handmade publication to the best piece of fiction.
THE ALEPH WRITING PRIZE 2022
About The Aleph Writing Prize
The Aleph Writing Prize is an annual writing competition. The prize awards a limited edition handmade publication to the best piece of fiction. Anybody of any age can enter regardless if they are published or unpublished.
The competition is free to enter.
The judges will be looking for innovative and creative writing that explores and expand the possibilities of the form. We encourage submissions from all literary genres, and there are no restrictions on theme or subject matter.
2021 Winner: ‘Along Upon The Ground’ by Julieta Caldas
2020 Winner: ‘Ada & Carter’ by Andrea Mason
2019 Winner: ‘Triptych’ by Colm O’Shea
2018 Winner: ‘The White Cat’ by NJ Stallard
– The prize opens to submissions on 16th May 2022.
– Submissions will close on 30th June 2022. No entries will be considered if submitted after 30th June2022 (12 noon GMT).
1st August 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please read these eligibility and entry rules carefully before beginning the online entry process. Submission of an entry is taken as acceptance of the entry rules. For any queries not covered below, please email [email protected]
1) The competition is open to unpublished and published writers residing anywhere.
2) Only submissions received by 12 noon 30th June 2022 (GMT) will be considered.
3) The entry must be the entrant’s own original creation and must not infringe upon the right or copyright of any person or entity.
4) There is no minimum or word count, but the maximum word count is 10,000.
5) Writers may submit one piece of work each. Illustrations accepted.
6) The story must be written in English (Translations accepted).
7) Submissions must be made by the author of the work.
8) There are no age restrictions.
9) When submitting, please include a short covering letter including your contact details, your name and the title of your work.
10) The first page should include the title of the work and the number of words.
11) All submissions should include page numbers.
12) Entries will accepted via email [email protected] . Please put SUBMISSION in the subject. Submissions must be in one of the following formats: .pdf.
13) Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
14) No editorial feedback will be provided.
15) Only submissions which meet all Terms and Conditions will be considered.