Wednesday, April 25, 2018
$0 Free to enter
$1,000 first place
2 x $250 runner ups
Prizes are in Canadian dollars
Welcome to the “We Shall Arrive Soon” True North writing contest, presented by Communitech.
We invite authors to imagine how technology will affect humanity in the coming decades. We want you to explore how technology may be used to improve our lives, contribute to healthier and safer communities and bring about innovations that benefit us all. We also want you to examine how technology could be misused, or applied in ways that have negative impacts on individuals, groups or wider communities. We are looking for stories with a balanced perspective, but which fit the theme of True North’s vision of resetting tech’s compass.
We encourage and welcome stories from all writers, and we are particularly interested in stories including the perspectives and experiences of women, people of colour, LGBTQIA people, disabled people and members of minorities. This contest is open worldwide, so anyone, anywhere may enter.
Three winners will be selected, with the first place entry receiving a prize of $1000 CAD and two runners up receiving a prize of $250 CAD. Winning entries will be published online and may be published in print. Excerpts may be read at the True North Conference, held 29-31 May 2018 in Waterloo, Canada.
Please read the writing contest agreement terms >>> http://bit.ly/2pLV0BS
• Submit up to one (1) work of original fiction with a maximum length of 1,000 words.
• Submissions must be original work that has not been previously published online (including your own blog or website) or in print
• No simultaneous submissions
• Do not include any identifying information in your manuscript
• Entries are valid worldwide
• The deadline for entries is 25 April 2018.
• Winners will be contacted. Winners will be announced on or before 29 May 2018.
To learn more about True North, please visit www.truenorthwaterloo.com