The print edition of The Writer has been around since 1887; in fact, we’re one of the oldest continuously published magazines in the U.S. But the monthly magazine isn’t the only thing we have to offer subscribers. Our readers can…
- Attend our free webinar series: Did you know we offer hour-long virtual seminars for writers of all genres? In the past, we’ve covered self-publishing, memoir writing, pitching editors, and more. Best of all, they’re completely free.
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter: Each month, we publish a wealth of online content you can’t find in the print edition. Never miss a single post by signing up for our free newsletter for writers. You’ll also be the first to know about our latest writing contests, subscription sales, special events, and more.
- Download our free guides for writers: Want the contact information for 80+ agents? How about the submission guidelines for dozens of writing contests happening right now? With our free downloadable guides, you’ll have all the information you need at your fingertips.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: Join a community of like-minded writers who share tips, advice, responses to our writing prompts, and so much more.
- Browse our market listings: Search thousands of listings for writing programs, editors, literary magazines, publishers, and more to find the ones that are right for you.
- Pick the perfect writing prompt: We have hundreds of writing prompt for every season, subject, and genre…and we add a brand-new one each Friday.
We’re always adding new resources for writers, so if there’s something you’d like to see here, email us at [email protected] and suggest it. We love hearing from readers!