Sometimes the hardest part is coming up with the first line.
Use one, or all, of these first lines:
• Charlene leaned closer to the stranger and asked him to repeat what he’d said.
• I had been following the man with the tartan umbrella for over an hour when he surprised me by stepping into a lingerie shop.
• Ben stood nervously on the rail platform watching passengers disembark.
• Jeremy stared down at his plate before cautiously taking a small bite.
• Ruby took a breath, and with a shaking hand, signed her name to the list.